Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Specialty Schools

Recently, I was looking for information on a school here in Arizona that specially caters to kids with high-functioning autism/Asperger's. I'd heard it was a private school and I'd heard it was a charter school. Turns out it's a private school and a pricey one at that!

What are your experiences with having your Aspie in a mainstream school? Private school? Homeschool?

The Bible says that we, as parents or guardians, are responsible for training our children. Do you think that extends to their schooling, as well?

I'm interested in your thoughts and experiences!
(Please only answer the questions in this post and do not comment on comments. Thank you!)

-Noble

1 comment:

  1. I homeschool my 3 special-needs daughters (Fetal Alcohol Syndome-7, Fetal Alcohol Effect-6, and Autism Spectum Disorder-6). I find for us it allows the burst and plataues we experience. I have been told my ASD kid would require a self-contained classroom and that would break my heart. She does really well when she does really well.

    God has blessed me with these 3 girls (by adoption) and I strive to follow His will in growing them to adults.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is simply my attempt to encourage and support those who find themselves suddenly on the journey through Aspergers. Please be supportive of everyone. If you just need to vent your frustration, please let us know that's what you're doing. HOWEVER, NO FOUL LANGUAGE OR MISUSE OF THE LORD'S NAME WILL BE TOLERATED.

Thank you for your understanding.

-Noble