Monday, February 28, 2011

Behavior of other Siblings

Lately, I've been noticing behavior from my son that seems to be copied from his sister. This concerns me only because I don't know if it's just him copying her tantrums and other behavior or if it means that he is showing actual, valid signs of Asperger's Syndrome. You may remember that my daughter was assessed, and confirmed, for Asperger's Syndrome last spring. Now I'm beginning to wonder if I should have my son assessed, too. One more thing to add to the prayer list!

Through it all, and whatever the outcome, I know that God is with me. He is with you, too, whether or not you realize it. He is in control and I must rest on that. I must rest in His arms, placing the worry on His shoulders. I must do that because if I don't and try to carry it myself . . . well, let's just say it wouldn't be pretty!

Are you here at this part of your journey with your special kiddo? Are you at the beginning? Are you further along? May God grant you comfort and wisdom, wherever you are on your journey with the challenges and delights of having a special needs child or children.

Share with me your stories. We're all in this together. You are not alone!

-Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is simply my attempt to encourage and support those who find themselves suddenly on the journey through Aspergers. Please be supportive of everyone. If you just need to vent your frustration, please let us know that's what you're doing. HOWEVER, NO FOUL LANGUAGE OR MISUSE OF THE LORD'S NAME WILL BE TOLERATED.

Thank you for your understanding.

-Noble